Here is a list of tools, applications, and workflows we use here and for projects. Most are free so you could get your own side-project and website up quickly and keep it running.
Storefront Extensions we're using:
Storefront Powerpack Storefront Blog Customizer Storefront Parallax Hero Storefront Mega Menus Storefront Footer Bar
WooCommerce Extensions we're using:
- WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration
- WooCommerce Subscriptions
- WooCommerce Subscription Downloads
- WooCommerce Subscribe to Newsletter
- WooCommerce Stripe Gateway
- WooCommerce Product Add-ons
- WooCommerce Amazon S3 Storage
Other WordPress Plugins that we use include:
- Yoast SEO: Because SEO is weird
- Akismet: Stopping Spam
- SumoMe: Tools that help grow website traffic
- Social Warfare: For easy social sharing
- Pretty Link Pro: To help track special links and make them pretty too
- Ninja Forms: The bomb free form builder
- Jetpack: Does a bunch of things for your website
- Font Awesome 4 Menus: For some social icons in the menu
When it comes to email and productivity, I adore Google Apps. I also use Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools for stats, Trello for project management, Dropbox for way too many things, and Mailchimp for newsletter management.
Here is a list of tools used for the actual photography side of things:
- Sony Alpha 7ii with 28-70mm Lens: This is a 24MP full-frame mirrorless camera.
- Sony 16-35mm FE f/4 Lens: A great quality wide angle lens.
- iPhone6: Some images are made with my iPhone.
- Adobe Lightroom: Photo management and photo editing
- Adobe Photoshop: More photo editing software.
- VSCO Film: Amazing set of Lightroom Presets to edit photos.
- FilterGrade: More amazing Photoshop Actions and Filters to edit photos easily.
- JpegMini: For optimizing image size